Cement based mortar with high open time, high bond strength and zag ressitance, ideal for setting ceramic tiles.
Mortarbond Tile is a Portland cement based mortar with high open time, high bond strength and zag ressitance, ideal for setting ceramic tiles.
- High, medium and low absorptive tiles.
- Interior use for floor and wall settings.
- Residential and commercial applications.
- Extended Open Time higher than NMX Standard C 420.
- Great slip resistance.
- Ideal for bedrooms, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Resistance to humidity.
- Recommended for floors and walls.
- Easy preparation and application.
- Excellent adjustability values.
- Optimal adherence.
- Supports large formats.
- Physical resistance superior to the ANSI 118.1 Standard.
- Features superior to the NMX-420 standard, as type B adhesive.
In a clean plastic tray or bucket, add 5.6 to 6.2 liters of clean water per 20kg bag of Mortarbond Tile, beating the mixture well and making sure that there are no lumps. Let stand 5 minutes and beat again. DO NOT ADD MORE WATER. The use of an electric mixer is recommended to guarantee the perfect mix of materials.
Surface Preparation and Placement
The surface should be solid, clean of dust, burrs, grease and oils as well as the coating.
2. With a notched trowelled spread the mixture on the surface with the smooth part, leaving a thick layer no larger than the trowelled tooth.
3. With the serrated side, comb the adhesive leaving straight grooves parallel to each other. In vertical placements it is recommended that the grating be horizontal. Leftover material can be returned to the tray.
4. Place the coating while the adhesive is hydrated and seat the part until it adheres or within the adhesive up to 50% of the width of the part.
5. Occasionally pick up a part to check that adhesive transfer is a minimum of 85% indoors and 95% outdoors.
6. Remove the excess adhesive from the joints and then grout correctly.
7. The use of spacers or spreaders is recommended to maintain correct alignment and separation of the pieces.
When the adhesive is applied at temperatures above 35 °C or when the substrate temperature is above 50 °C or in excessive wind conditions, dampen the substrate and / or the coating avoiding saturation.
• Mortarbond Tile is not recommended for use in temperatures below 5 °C.
• In the aforementioned conditions, the characteristics of the adhesive will vary, without this being considered a manufacturing defect.
• The open time of the adhesive can vary depending on the climatic conditions, the substrate and installation methods (take care that the adhesive does not dehydrate once it is spread to allow adhesion and avoid future detachments).
• Do not mix directly on concrete floors.
• Peel off the adhesive every 15 minutes. DO NOT ADD MORE WATER.
• Keep the prepared adhesive in the shade.
• The use of an electric mixer is recommended to guarantee the perfect mix of materials.
• The percentage of water for the preparation of the adhesive in extreme climates may vary by a margin of ± 2% over the indicated value.
• To transit and/or apply caulk, allow at least 24 hours to set on all adhesives except epoxies.
• Store in a cool, dry place, away from moisture.
• Do not add any component not indicated by the manufacturer.
• For outdoor installation consult the manufacturer.
• For pieces from 40 x 40 cm the adhesive must be double-layered (in pieces and surfaces).
• Observe the joint width recommended by the coating manufacturer.
• Do not use for the placement of Null water absorption coatings such as porcelain tiles or Floor on Floor installations.
• For installation of facades, consult the manufacturer.
• Performance may vary according to substrate conditions and installation methods.
• In installations on metal or surfaces not described in this sheet, please consult the manufacturer.
• Not recommended for facilities that will be in permanent immersion (pool, fountains, cisterns, etc.).
• For installations on waterproofed substrates consult the manufacturer.
• Do not use for porcelain or tile over tile applications.
• For exterior wall applications consult the manufacturer.
Please contact us
If you have any questions, please contact us.